04 August 2010

Kennel Up...


Tory Burch's Bunk Room via Vogue via Habitually Chic


via Steven Gambrel


via Create Girl


via Velvet and Linen



via Beach Bungalow 8



via my dear friend - Aynsley Letzerich



via Alkemie



via Amanda Nisbet Design

I have been working on a big home that has five bedrooms with king sized beds in each room and a bunk room. Being 36 and one of the only single adults in a very big family I am often relegated to the "bunk room" due to the fact that I am not married. For this reason I have become extremely sensitive to how bunk rooms are designed. Most clients assume these rooms will only be used for children. Sometimes (if you are 36 & single!) that is not the case. I have made sure the bunk room I am working on has top of the line mattresses, feather beds, down pillows, heights in between the bottom and top bunk are adult friendly and full sized mattresses on the bottom. Bring on the bunks - I'd be happy to kennel up in this room!

No comments:

Post a Comment